Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mushroom Gravy!! (raw)


Good gravy, was this ever yummy!! To be honest, the recipe wasn't mine at all, but I wanted to try a raw gravy, and wasn't really sure how to make one. I used Ani Phyo's mushroom gravy recipe. At first when I saw the apple cider vinegar as an ingredient, I started thinking "ummmmm, what?" but I promise, it's really good :) All the ingredients work beautifully together, and it has a nice "clean" taste to it (I love how clean raw food tastes in general).
While Ani's gravy recipe is recommended to go on polenta and mushroom ragout, I didn't have all those ingredients. I did, however, have broccoli :) Gorgeous little calcium trees. The idea, though, of pouring gravy on top of cold broccoli wasn't super appealing, and I wanted to keep the dish totally raw; so I used my dehydrator. Not to dry out the broccoli, just to "warm" it. One hour in the dehydrator at 104 degrees is perfect :) Happy chowing!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup olive oil
3/4 cup mushrooms, chopped (I used portabella)
1/3 cup water
1 1/2tsp apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt

Directions:
1) Blend all ingredients. Pour on top of whatever you think needs gravy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment