Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cashew Cheese Sauce w/ Broccoli

mmmmmmmmmm, yummay! This was the result of my "oh crap, I need to use up my lemon, broccoli, & soaked cashews!" moment. I tossed a few things into my food processor, and success! Another yummy raw cheese sauce! (And I like this one better. Left in the fridge overnight, it starts to resemble cream cheese! mmmmmm!!!)
This is a perfect example of the beauty of raw foods; there are a few staples you should always have on hand (nuts, seeds, lemons, dates, spices), and you can pretty much making anything you want! I want cheese sauce? I don't have to run to the store for soy milk, soy cheese, soy butter. I don't have to cook it. I throw 4 or 5 ingredients in a processor and my meal is ready. And this is definitely way better for my body, my digestive system, my taste buds, and the planet. It's like win-win-win-win! Love it.
The Bragg's aminos called for in the recipe adds an extra bit of "awesome" to this yummy sauce. Serve it on broccoli, asparagus, greens, etc.

Ingredients:
1 cup cashews, soaked
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp Original Herbamare
2 tbs Bragg's Liquid Aminos
3 tbs nutritional yeast
2-3 tbs water, or as needed

Directions:
1) Process cashews, garlic, and herbamare until cashews are finely ground.
2) Add remaining ingredients and continue to process.
3) Serve with whatever your heart desires <3

***IMPORTANT NOTE***I am leaving for Mexico in the morning, and won't be back until the 28th. I won't have internet access, so there will be no more posts until then. BUT I have one ready for when I get home (titled 'Coconut Softies,' lovelovelove!!), and I have yet another recipe idea up my sleeve ;) See you guys in 9 days!! :D I promise to post photos of all the yummy nummy foods I discover while I'm there. Love you, Canada!

xoxo,
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment