Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Banana Berry Coconut Smoothie

Sooooooo I know I've been posting pretty much nothing but smoothies lately, but I'm not apologizing :) They are freakin' delicious, & the best gifts you can give to your body. This smoothie is seriously to live for! I lovelovelove fresh coconut in smoothies (well, I just love fresh coconut period). I dunno what it is about raw coconut, but I always feel satisfied, light, energetic, & super happy after indulging (though, um, I'm pretty much always that way :) ).
Don't feel initimidated by the fresh coconut: I know some of you have never opened one before, & aren't really sure how to do it, so here's a tip: I've never opened one, either...I ask the guys in produce to do it for me. Best part about asking them to do it, is that you won't discover you have a moldy coconut after you buy it & go home. So let the produce people do it for you :) If you ask nicely, they're generally happy to oblige.
For scraping the meat out, I generally slice along the edges & inside with a paring knife, & then pry the "meat" out with a spoon. Sometimes, depending on the coconut, this can be a pain in the behind, but it's soooo worth it! I will never complain about the work that goes into preparing a coconut, because the end result always creates satisfaction & joy :)

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 scoop Vega
2-4 cups greens (spinach, kale, your choice! stuff 'em in!!)
1/4 cup fresh coconut
1/2 cup frozen berries
1 banana

Directions:
1) By now, you gotta know this: Blend, baby, blend!

Peace, love, food <3

Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment