Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chocolate Mango Berry Smoothie

If you're new to my blog, welcome :) You're going to learn very quickly that I have a sick passion for chocolate...& greens.
These are two foods that I eat everyday. Everyday. Oh, & bananas, but they weren't in this delicious dessert-breakfast :)
Greens are amazing for everything!! Your hair, skin, muscles, internal organs, eyes, digestive system, mood...They are so essential to life, yet not enough people eat them. You can always be eating more greens :)
As for chocolate...ohhh myyyy, it makes me happy <3 It has high levels of magnesium, which helps in the absorption of calcium. It is also a great mood elevator, as it helps in production of serotonin (the "happy hormone") levels in your brain.
Soooo, we have greens, we have chocolate...let's add some mango & berries!! Um, YUM!! This is sooooooo delish, & I'm way hooked on it <3 It's so funny, because I made this at the same time that I made a regular fruit & greens smoothie (minus the chocolate & mango, add banana & apple). I mixed them up, & thought I was drinking this one. I thought, "hmm, it kinda just tastes like all my other smoothies. Oh well." The next day, I took what I thought was the "regular" smoothie to work & was waaaaaayyy stoked to realize I had a chocolate smoothie clutched in my hot little hands!! Nothing says "Good morning!" like a chocolate smoothie :)

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 scoop Vega
2tbs cacao powder
2-4 cups greens (spinach, kale, your choice!)
1 large mango, chopped
1/4 cup mixed berries, frozen

Directions:
1) Blend all ingredients.
2) Drink, smile, love :)

Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment