Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

NACHOS!! w/ Daiya Vegan Cheese

Cheesy nachos are a treat that I haven't indulged in in a loooooong time!! These were amazing!! :)
A week & a half ago, I had an opportunity that I went for: I had the chance to move into a beautiful, brand new home with one of my really good friends from high school. Because it's in central Nanaimo, I'm now only 5 minutes away from school, work, the grocery store...everything!! :)
On the weekend, we had a few close friends over for a housewarming party. My roommate, Dean, makes awesome drinks (I'll try to get some recipes from him!), & well, I make awesome food. We're a recipe for a really awesome house party.
That's Dean with his amazing drink creation, called 'The Coco Nut Buster.' I had a few too many of these :P
Tiffany is holding my Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (soy-, gluten-, dairy-, egg-, sugar-free). And yes, I created this recipe while I was a wee bit tipsy.
There were 5 of us to taste: All of us agreed it was perfectly rich & moist. Three agreed it was perfect as is, & the other two said it could have been a little bit sweeter. Watch for it in my recipe book ;) This beautiful creation is being logged away.

But back to the nachos! When people get munchies, it's often what they crave. And well, I still have a large amount of Daiya vegan cheese, & I was anxious to have them taste it. We all pitched in, preparing the nachos for consumption.
The verdict? Though they all said they could tell a slight difference between Daiya & dairy, they really enjoyed it :) We downed a whole pan of ooey, gooey, cheesy nachos, several 'Coco Nut Busters,' & lots of Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread <3

Cheers to friends, from my home, to yours <3

Ingredients:
1 large bag tortilla chips, any kind
1 large orange pepper, diced
1 large yellow pepper, diced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 cup olives, sliced (we used sundried tomato-stuffed olives)
2 cups Daiya cheddar 'cheese'

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spread out chips evenly on a large baking sheet. Top evenly with all of the veggies.
3) Sprinkle Daiya onto the nachos evenly.
4) Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese melts & is warm.

peace, love, food, friends <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment