Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Sushi...Without the Roll ;)


The other day, I had an intense craving for an avocado roll. Not wanting to spend a lot of money on my meal, & also remembering the other half of my avocado sitting in my fridge, I decided to make something up at home.
Because I suck at rolling sushi and was feeling too lazy to practice, I decided to just toss the avocado, rice, & soy sauce together...& add broccoli! 'Twas freakin' delicious. Even better if you toss in bits of nori :)
I'll start practicing more with sushi, because I think it would be a lot of fun. But for now, enjoy this dish!

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Ingredients:
1/2 cup dry rice
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 avocado, peeled, diced & pitted
1 cup frozen broccoli
Bragg's seasoning, to taste
optional: nori sheets, torn

Directions:
1) Toss rice & water in rice cooker and turn it on. When the water is almost absorbed (about halfway through cooking), add in the broccoli.
2) When the rice & broccoli are cooked, toss all ingredients together on a plate. Ta da!

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment