Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

(Chocolate) Chai Tea Latte

On a cold, snowy day, I love snuggling up on the couch in my pjs, tea latte in hand and kitty kat on lap. It's a fantastic way to relax, unwind, and de-stress. Because my slutty little Starbucks card has seen too much action lately, I've taken to my kitchen to recreate my favourite bevvies.
Depending on my mood, this will sometimes include cocoa; Other times, it just contains (extra) cinnamon. In the evenings, I make it with my decaf Vanilla Chai tea. And of course, it wouldn't be complete without maple syrup and almond mylk, now would it? :)

From this lil barista to you <3

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsweetened almond mylk
1-2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cocoa (optional)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)

chai black or vanilla chai tea bag
1/2 cup boiling water

Directions:
1) Using a handheld mylk foamer, mix the first four ingredients together, allowing the mylk to foam up.
2) Add in the chai black tea bag and boiling water. Stir with a spoon, let steep for 2-3 mins,  and serve!

peace, love, & lattes <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment