Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Raw Nanaimo Bars!!! OMG NO WAY!!




I effing looooooove Nanaimo Bars. When it comes to desserts, these and cookies are pretty much the most dangerous things for me. Last year, I made some vegan ones, and devoured the pan. (I gave one to my mom, but yeah, I was pretty selfish with that batch :P.) Anyhoo, I have been all about raw food lately, and I found this recipe online, though I changed it a little. All you need for equipment is a pan, food processor, and some tastebuds. Careful: it's hard to say "no" to a second piece...

Ingredients:
LAYER 1:
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup almonds
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
10 dates (it said to soak them, but I'm lazy)

LAYER 2:
1/2 cup almond cashew butter
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla

LAYER 3:
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup dates (again, didn't soak 'em)
agave nectar to taste (I used only about a teaspoon)

Directions:
LAYER 1:
Process all ingredients in a food processor until they are well chopped & blended. Press into a cake pan or brownie pan. Layer 1 is the first picture displayed above.

LAYER 2:
Mix ingredients in a bowl, and spread on top of the base layer. It may be hard to spread, so wet your fingers if you need to.

LAYER 3:
Process ingredients. I added about 2 teaspoons of water because it was very dry. Feel free to do this. It may be difficult to spread over the second layer, but again, wet your fingers and have at it. The end result is soooo worth it.

You can store this in the fridge (if it makes it that far). Sharing is optional :)

No comments:

Post a Comment