Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Raw Banana Bread Bars


I love bananas, almost too much. They are seriously the one food I can eat constantly throughout any given day and not get sick of. I'm also a fan of brown ones over green ones. This kind of sucks, because it means I never make banana bread. They taste too good to save them after they start turning brown. Anyhoo, the freezing cold temperature of my car turned my fabulously yellow bananas BLACK within a period of about 8 hours. Since I hate to waste food, and didn't feel like making anything with bread, this recipe came to mind. While I'm not sure it counts as raw with the oats being in here (?) you can take them out if you want to. And no, I didn't cook them. (Don't use instant, sooo not good for your body.) The only problem I had with these...was trying to stop eating the batter before I shaped them into bars! Haha. Way too easy to make, though, and soooo good for you. DO IT! (I should also mention I used a recipe from The Thrive Diet and adapted it, so it's not really mine.)

Ingredients:
2 bananas
1 1/2 cups dates
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 cup oats (not instant)
cinammon, to taste (I like lots)
2 pinches of nutmeg
pinch of sea salt

Directions:
1) Toss everything into a food processor, and blend 'til it's at your desired consistency.

2) On a clean workspace, spread the batter out. Cover with plastic wrap, and use a rolling pin to thin it out.

3) You may cut it into bars, or roll it into balls. Mine was quite squishy, so I rolled them into balls, and wrapped them in plastic wrap. Store in fridge or freezer for a quick snack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment