Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chickpea Salad Sandwich




I honestly used to eat waaaay too much tuna for my own good, but it was my favourite kind of sandwich. I'd heard the idea before of using chickpeas as a substitute, so I decided to try it. While I didn't have green onions or celery in the fridge, feel free to add them. I know it would be quite tasty :)

Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas (500ml)
2 tablespoons Vegenaise, plus more for spreading on bread
6 slices of bread (I used Ezekial brand, sprouted grain)
4-6 leaves of romaine lettuce (or spinach, whatever)
all the garlic you can stand
sea salt & black pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Drain water from the can of chickpeas, and mash them (I used a potato masher) together with the Vegenaise (vegan mayo), garlic, sea salt, & pepper.
2) Spread a little bit of Vegenaise on the bread (you don't need much, the chickpeas are quite moist).
3) Scoop the chickpea mash, and spread it on the bread. Top with romaine lettuce, close it, et voila! A super yummy, tuna & dolphin friendly sandwich! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment