Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cashew-Broccoli Hummus, Raw

OHHHHHHH BABY!! This is a yummy nummy, super duper hummus that tastes waaaaay better than any hummus I've ever bought (and I love my hummus!). You probably know by now that my recipes tend to be a result of what I have on hand, and what needs to be used up. Well, I had some soaked cashews in the fridge for a few days, and I've got a LOT of broccoli (I dearly love those little green trees <3). My original plan was to make a cashew hummus, and dip the broccoli in it. Because I didn't have a recipe, this all kinda happened on a whim. I'd accidentally made my hummus too watery, and needed to make it thicker. Sooooo, in came some broccoli to save the day! Now it's a perfect carrot dip! (Though I may dip with broccoli, too. Just because I can.) It takes seconds to make, seconds to clean up, and is delish! You must try!

Ingredients:
1 cup + 2tbs cashews, soaked
juice from 1/2 lemon (1tbs)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1 cup broccoli, chopped
2tbs onion, chopped
1 tsp sea salt, or to taste

Directions:
1) Throw it all in a food processor for about 30 seconds. Enjoy spread on a sandwich, or dip with your favourite veggies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment