Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chili, RAWr ;)


Chili is pretty much one of my favourite comfort foods. It's yummy, it's filling, it's just...everything <3 Haha, but seriously, this was incredible!!! This may be a dish I keep in the fridge at all times (that and the chocolate CAKE!!) I found a recipe for this chili online, and adapted it, using what I had on hand. Pretty sure I did a damn good job.
It doesn't take much work or time; I let the food processor do all that. In the ingredients below, I mention "soaked" sundried tomatoes...you may do this in water, or olive oil with garlic & seasonings (you can buy it in glass jars like that, too). I had mine soaked in olive oil with garlic & seasonings, and drained the oil through a strainer before using. Do as you feel. The almonds should also be soaked, but I wouldn't recommend anything other than water...lol. The veggies I just chopped in order to get them in smaller chunks, but your cuts don't need to be perfect. It's all going in your food processor :D
You may store this in your fridge for later use, and warm in your dehydrator (or low low setting on stove top) prior to serving. Remember, under 104 degrees is still raw ;)

Ingredients:
1 large portabello mushroom, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
1 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 large green pepper, chopped
1/2 white/red onion, chopped
1 cup almonds (soaked)
1 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (soaked)
2 cups water
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsps dried oregano
2 tsps chili powder
1/2 tsp cajun powder
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs agave nectar

Directions:
1) Toss first three ingredients into a food processor. Once chunky, empty into bowl. Toss next three ingredients in food processor; empty into bowl once chunky texture is reached. You could do it all at once, but it might be a little hard on your food processor. Be nice to it.
2) All remaining ingredients get pureed in a blender. Add into bowl, mix, and YAAAY!! You made chili!!

If you're still unclear about what Bragg's Liquid Aminos are, and agave nectar, here are some links for you ;) Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment