Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Roasted Carrots, Onions, and Purple Potatoes!


Side dish, anyone? While these aren't a main meal, they were definitely a hit as a side dish. My mom, my brother and I gobbled them down quickly, between passionate sounds of "mmmmm." The post-meal burps were a sign of eating too fast, but we were HUNGRAY!! Pretty sure I shoulda made that second pan...C'est la vie. I've adjusted measurements in the recipe, though, in order to feed a family. I had mine with a salad (I'd eaten heavier earlier and didn't need much more), while they had theirs with chicken...*shudders*. But, to each their own.
It'll take you minutes to throw this together. Then you just gotta prepare your main dishy ;) If you don't have Victorian Epicure seasonings, use onion powder, to taste, and about 4-6 cloves of minced garlic.

Ingredients:
7 purple potatoes, chopped (or russets, whatevs. I like purple food)
4 large carrots, chopped
2 white onions, chopped
Victorian Epicure seasonings, to taste (Roasted Garlic, and 3 Onion)
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
canola oil, for coating

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Place potatoes, carrots, and onions in a deep-ish pan (2 inches). Season generously with spices.
3) Brush potato mixture with canola oil, and place in oven.
4) Stirring every 15 minutes, let cook until browned and golden, about 45 minutes.
5) Serve with whatever else you're having for dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment