Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Creamy Lemon Dilly Dressing


I am sooooooo excited about how versatile this dressing is!! It is creamy, rich, full-flavoured, and it works in pretty much ANYTHING! I used it first on my salad, then drizzled on some stuffed peppers, and finally as the dressing for potato salad. It's pretty similar to a creamy ranch dressing, in taste, texture and smell. I didn't mean for it to turn out that way, so that's kinda cool. As a seasoning, I used another Victorian Epicure spice (Lemon Dill flavour), but if you don't have that, you could probably sub in about 3 teaspoons of dried dill, and a tablespoon of lemon juice (juice from half a lemon). Victorian Epicure is made from a blend of dried seasonings, herbs, veggies, and spices. If you
haven't tried them yet, do so. I promise you'll fall in love (if you're as passionate a foodie as I am).
 
In case you're curious about the stuffed pepper, I just tossed a stalk of brocolli, one carrot, 2 cloves of garlic and some sea salt in my food processor. What I couldn't fit into my peppers, I put on top of my brother's salad for him, and he loved it. For the potato salad, I used 2 russet potatoes, diced, boiled them in hot water until tender, and then let them cool in the fridge. Tossed 'em together with a chopped carrot, a stalk of celery also chopped, 2 tablespoons of chopped white onions, and 2 tablespoons of the lemon dilly dressing! Served over a bed of baby greens, it was a yummy, filling lunch.
 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup macadamia butter
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
4 tsps Victorian Epicure, lemon dill
2 tsps agave nectar
sea salt & black pepper to taste
 
Directions:
1) Blend all ingredients together, and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment