Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ginger Berry Smoothie

I mentioned the other day that I usually drink a berry smoothie everyday, and I had been wanting to change it up a little (that's where the Chocolate Vanilla Almond Butter smoothie came from). But then someone asked how to make the berry smoothie...I can't believe I never thought to post this! Well luckily, I had one scoop of berry-flavoured Vega left (not that I couldn't make it with natural, but meh), and I was really craving one last night. This smoothie is filling, and perfect when you don't feel like eating something heavy. Typically, I drink my smoothies in the morning for this reason. If you want to add other fruits/spices, go for it! It's a pretty versatile smoothie. The frozen berries make it extra cold (I think that's how a smoothie should be) without adding ice ;)
Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 scoop Vega (berry or natural)
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1 tbs grated ginger (ginger powder works also)

Directions:
1) Toss 'em all into your favourite blender (love you, Magic Bullet <3), and puree for about a minute. Drink up, wake up :) Who needs coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment