Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Homemade Muesli


Pretty sure I pointed this out before...I'm a breakfast girl. I love my cereal, oatmeal, granola, pancakes, etc. WELL, I had a handful of almonds in the fridge that had already been soaked and dried, and a few dried figs left that were screaming, "eat me!" Okay, I lie, they weren't. But these things needed to be eaten, as well as the last little bit of vanilla almond mylk in my fridge. Soooo, I got creative :) The almonds alone are packed with calcium & magnesium (and a host of many other vitamins and minerals), and I added some sesame seeds for a bigger calcium punch. Topped with the almond mylk (and the other ingredients), this breakfast is a nutritional powerhouse that is not only delicious, but will keep you satiated for hours ;) Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup almonds
2-3 tbs sesame seeds
3 dried figs
1/4 cup steel cut oats (or soaked oat groats, to make it totally raw)
1/2 small banana, sliced
1 1/2 tsp cinammon
1/4 tsp sea salt

Directions:
1) Toss all ingredients (except bananas) into food processor, and process until desired texture.
2) Empty muesli into bowl. Top with mylk and sliced bananas.
3) Smile. Eat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment