Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Raw-some Sandwich & Fettuccini Alfredo <3




Soooooooo for Christmas I got spoiled. I FINALLY got a food dehydrator!! While I have tons of other ideas for how I'm going to play with it, I only had room for peppers & bread this round. Anyhoo, I also got Ani Phyo's uncook books, and I LOVE them. I followed the bread recipe pretty closely, but not really for the alfredo. Both turned out fantastic. I even made another sandwich for my 14 year old brother and he LOVED it. I only wish I had had a tomato and an avocado kicking around, because they would have been fantastic in the sandwich. I did, however, use homemade salsa that a lady I work with made for me.

The addition of Victorian Epicure spice in the alfredo is from my aunt. She sells them and gave me a bunch to try, so you'll probably see them show up more often in my posts. Feel free to sub any other herbs in place of them.

Raw Fettuccini Alfredo
Ingredients:
1 zuchinni squash, peeled into strands (use a potato peeler)

Sauce:
juice of 1/2 lemon (1 tablespoon)
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight (will equal about 1 1/4 cup)
1 1/2 stalks celery, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Victorian Epicure 3 onion dip mix (onions, chives, scallions, herbs, dried)

Directions:
1) Place peeled zuchinni strands onto a plate.
2) Mix all sauce ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
3) Pour half the sauce over zuchinni strands; the rest may be refrigerated for a few days.
4) Enjoy your raw alfredo :)

Black Sesame Sunflower Bread
Ingredients:
1 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup whole flax seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 1/3 cup water
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup black sesame seeds

Directions:
1) Mix all ingredients in a bowl, adding sunflower & sesame seeds last.
2) Spread batter evenly with a spatula onto dehydrator tray, and dehydrate at 104 degrees for 4 hours.
3) Cut bread into 8 slices, and flip. Dehydrate for one more hour.
4) Bread may be stored in fridge or freezer.

My Fabulously Raw Sandwich
2 slices black sesame sunflower bread
1 tablespoon alfredo sauce
1 tablespoon homemade salsa
zuchinni & celery, cut into thin strips
sliced crimini mushrooms
dehydrated peppers (I used red, yellow, & orange)
chopped onion
mixed baby greens


So delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment