Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Raw Pesto Pasta, Anyone? :)

Oooooo, this is friggin' yummmayy!! I just want to take a moment to bow, and...haha, just kidding. It is that good, though. This was perfect to come home to after work. Delicious, filling, satisfying comfort food. I prepped the sauce the night before, so all i had to do was slice the zuchinni, chop the tomatoes, and toss. Easy peasy. Dinner was done & served in 5 minutes.
The basil I used was grown in my AeroGarden, which I wrote about in a previous post. Nothing tastes better than fresh-picked herbs & veggies, mmmmmm!!
I wasn't originally going to top it with tomatoes, but I saw a really sad-lookin' Mr. Tomato in the fridge. He looked at me as if to say "I'm dying, eeeaaat meeee!!" And so I did. Plus, it looks super pretty :) As I'm sure you know by now, I like pretty food.
This pesto recipe makes enough for two, so it's the perfect thing to treat someone special to, or even a friend who appreciates a home-uncooked meal. I just saved the other half for my lunch the next day, and dipped broccoli florets in it. It would also taste great on a raw sandwich or pizza. Get creative!

Ingredients:
1 zuchinni, sliced into long strands (potato peeler!!)
1/2 tomato, chopped (for topping)

Sauce:
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup basil
2 tbs nutritional yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup pistachios, soaked
2 cups mushrooms

Directions:
1) In a food processor, chop the garlic and sea salt.
2) Add basil, nutritional yeast, and olive oil and process until combined.
3) Add pistachios, processing until well-chopped. Lastly, add the mushrooms.
4) Top half the pesto sauce on your zuchinni "pasta," and save the rest for later (unless you're uncooking for two, in which case you need two zuchinnis). Toss, top with chopped tomatoes, and dig in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment