Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Coconut Softies

AGAIN!! Success with raw cookies :) My brother loved 'em, I loved 'em too much, and my raw foodie girlfriend gave me the best compliment ever!! She said, and I quote, "mmmm, it's everything I would want a Larabar to taste like!" YESSSS!!! :D (She doesn't even buy Larabars anymore because she says she likes hers better.)
These are very soft, and have a mild flavour, yet the lemon gives it a bit of "zing." I made them before leaving for Mexico, so I could use up my last two lemons. The coconut flour gives them a soft texture & delicious aroma. I hope you love 'em like I do :)

From my kitchen, to yours:

Ingredients:
1 cup Medjool dates
pinch of pink sea salt
juice of 2 lemons (about 4tbs)
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour

Directions:
1) Process dates, pink salt, lemon juice, & vanilla together until dates are broken down.
2) Add coconut flour and continue to process until well-combined.
3) Form cookies however you would like; press 'em into cookie cutters, or roll them into balls between your palms and flatten to make a cookie shape.


For a yummy, chocolate-lovin' variation, add 1/4 cup cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder, if you don't need it to be truly raw). It gives a slightly firmer, fun-to-play-with texture that I love. I literally just made these now, after wanting to re-create the recipe I made 2 weeks ago. I may love chocolate too much, but at least I'll die happy :)
Much Love,
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment