Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kreamy Cauliflower Soup (Raw)

This was a yummy nummy soup I made to use up cauliflower I had in the fridge. (The idea of putting it in a smoothie was just...um....no thanks!) It's a bit of a thicker soup (like my stewp!), so if you want it to be thinner, add water slowly until it gets to the consistency you'd like.
It's a very light, clean, & springy taste, with just a hint of cheesy-ness (from the nutritional yeast). It was very filling, and my fresh-picked basil complimented it well.
My girlfriend, and fellow raw foodie, babysat my AeroGarden while I was away in Mexico, and I just went to pick it up yesterday. My babies got so big!! In case you don't remember, I have basil, thyme, & chives growing in it. Every time I harvest one of them, the smell is so fragrant & amazing, and they grow back so quickly :) ahhhhhhh, food! :)
Sooo tons of fresh veggies, herbs, & fruits are on the menu for the next month-ish. If you've been following my Facebook page, you may have seen the video updates on my Sexy Food Therapy Cleanse. It is going much better than I expected! I'm feeling energetic, I don't feel hungry (though I'm eating a lot), and I feel more positive and can think clearer. This is definitely going to help me keep my diet more on track :)

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Ingredients:
1/2 of a large head of cauliflower, chopped
1/4 avocado
3 tbs nutritional yeast
1-2 tbs Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1/4 cup basil, packed
1 cup water
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
original herbamare, to taste

Directions:
1) Process cauliflower until it's basically a fine powder.
2) Add remaining ingredients and continue to process. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
3) Serve immediately or store in the fridge. Smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment