Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Raw Linguini Pesto Pasta (Repost, Slightly Modified)

I do support work a few evenings a week in a girl's home (I'll call her C), and her whole family is just awesome! When I'm there, I'm usually the one who prepares dinner, because
a) I love to
b) they love me to.
Because I'm on the cleanse now, and also because they are quite curious about raw food, I decided to treat them to the pesto pasta I've made before (though this recipe is slightly different). The girl I support doesn't like raw mushrooms, so I nixed those and used the leftover zuchinni that I couldn't peel. Also, It was quite a bit thicker this time, so I had to add water. Keep in mind, too, that this fed 5 of us, with leftovers...soooo if you need to feed a lot of people, here you go!
They absolutely loved it! C is usually really talkative & always has a story to tell, but was quiet as a mouse at dinner as she shoveled forkful after forkful! Best compliment ever is when someone loves it so much they can't pause to say thank you :)
From my kitchen, to yours:

Ingredients:
6 large zuchinni, sliced into linguini strands (potato peeler!!)
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, so individuals may top their own pasta

Sauce:
8 cloves garlic
2 tsp Kosher sea salt
1 cup pistachios (soaked)
1 cup basil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups zuchinni
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup water (add as needed)

Directions:
1) Put garlic, salt, & pistachios in food processor and destroy!!
2) Add zuchinni; destroy again.
3) Add remaining ingredients & process. Only add water as needed, to thin out consistency.
4) Top zuchinni pasta with pesto sauce & cherry tomatoes. Cherish, devour.

Much love,
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment