Sunday, April 11, 2010
Yam & Carrot Mashies
From my kitchen, to yours <3
2 large yams, chopped
4 large carrots
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbs maple syrup
2 tsp cinammon, or to taste
1 cup pecans, chopped
1) Cook chopped yams in hot water on the stove, until tender when pierced with a fork.
2) Meanwhile, destroy carrots in your food processor & set aside.
3) When yams are done, drain water and return yams to the pot. Add destroyed carrots, sea salt, maple syrup, & cinammon; mash mash mash!!
4) Once everything is well mashed together, add chopped pecans. Stir to mix well.
5) Serve immediately, or store in the fridge.