Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Carrot Pudding

OH.EM.GEE. I can't even tell you how amazing this is. Best part is: it happened by accident! I was trying to make cookies, and I ended up with a super yummy pudding! mmmmm kay, I'll take it!!
I bought a 10lb bag of carrots (they were REALLY cheap), so you may notice a lot more carrots in my recipes (scratch that; you WILL see a lot more carrots). This was me trying to add some veggies to my desserts. While I do eat salad everyday, I'm trying to incorporate veggies into more meals; it's working out great! My skin is clear & glowing, I have more energy, less bloating & cramps, and I don't notice a difference between carrot pudding & a not-so-carrot-y pudding. I know you're probably thinking, "carrots?? why the hell would I put carrots in my dessert??" But I promise you, this doesn't even taste like veggies. It actually reminds me of a caramel, maple or butterscotch pudding (can't quite put my finger on it). Delicious! What other pudding offers you vitamins A & C, calcium, beta-carotene, & almost too much fiber?? huh, huh? That's right, just Char's :)

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Ingredients:
1/2 cup almonds, soaked
2 large carrots
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbs pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup dates

Directions:
1) Process almonds until finely chopped. Add carrots, and process until they don't look like carrots anymore.
2) Add sea salt & vanilla; process.
3) Add dates, & process until smooth.
4) Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for a later indulgence :)

Peace, love, food <3

Char

No comments:

Post a Comment