Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Give It To Me Raw! Linguini Pasta w/ Pine Nut Cheese Sauce!

Mmmmm, yep, I made raw linguini w/ cheese sauce. It's okay, be jealous; or just go make your own.
This is quite similar to my previous post of cashew cheese, but I wanted to share it anyway. The reason is, because I want to show you how diverse & flexible raw food is; if you don't have one ingredient, you can interchange it with another, or often omit it all together. It is very, very easy to be creative with raw foods, and it's part of the reason I love them so much. I would not have the time to make all the delicious treats, cheeses, cakes, cookies & pastas that I do if I had to cook any of them. But because it's so simple, I eat gourmet meals everyday, & at every meal :)
This cheese sauce can be used as a dip for veggies, poured over zuchinni "pasta," spread on sandwiches, pizza, etc. As you can see, I tossed it with some sliced zuchinni (hellooooo potato peeler!), and below I topped some chunks of cauliflower with it. Get creative!

**Btw, I like my food to taste strong; I love flavour, and I make no apologies. Taste test this before removing from the blender/processor, and add more water if desired.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup pine nuts, soaked
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Original Herbamare
2 tbs Bragg's Liquid Aminos
juice of 1 lemon (about 2tbs)
2 tbs nutritional yeast
2-3 tbs water, or as needed

Directions:
1) Process pine nuts, sea salt & herbamare until pine nuts are well-destroyed.
2) Add remaining ingredients & process until smooth.
3) Serve immediately, or store in the fridge to thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment