Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Very Veggie Smoothie

As you are very aware by now, my name is Char, & I am a chocoholic: "Hello, Char." Well, I was eating waaaay too much of it last week, and it got to the point where my body woke up one day and said, "Vegetables. NOTHING ELSE. Just vegetables." So over the course of that day, I only had this smoothie, a salad, and some of my stewp. My body wasn't kidding when it was screaming for alkilinity.
Though it's mostly celery, I actually really enjoyed this drink, & it was very filling. It's going to be an awesome addition to my diet when I start my cleanse next week. While this is sweetened naturally with fruit, keep in mind that it is a veggie smoothie. So whatever expectations you may have for taste...this isn't going to be like the Strawberry Banana Julius you may enjoy treating yourself to.
I put this into a giant glass jar that used to contain almond butter (I save all of my glass jars & reuse them for storage), and took it with me to work. I sipped on it all day, and it kept me full. Low in calories, this is a good "skinny" drink if you need to get back into your jeans! Bon appetit!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups celery
1 cup mixed greens (any greens will do; the darker, the better)
1 cup strawberries
1 banana
1 scoop Vega
2 cups water

Directions:
1) Blend all ingredients together. Drink up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment