Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ginger Pear Smoothie

I honestly used to loathe ginger, & now I can't get enough of it. It's also really good for sore tummies...which I seem to get often because it's very sensitive (it's part of the reason why I eat the way I do. That, & the fact that animals & the earth are awesome.) 
This smoothie is really yummy & gentle on the tummy. I used collard greens here, though, which made it quite bitter (I'd never used collard in a smoothie before). If you're not used to green smoothies, I recommend using romaine or spinach instead. I don't want anyone to be scared off from greens :P
If you like the bitter, though, I say go for the collard. It was nice to try something different. Remember: the darker the green, the more nutrients it has (kale has to be my faaaaave!!) Enjoy!!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 scoop Vega
1 pear, cored
1 tbs grated fresh ginger
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 stalk celery
1 banana
1/2 bunch to 1 bunch colllard

Directions:
1) Blend. It's easy being green :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment