Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

RAW HEMP SEED BURGERS!! w/ all the fixin's ;)

I am waaaaaay excited about these!! So amazingly delicious, I can still taste it from roughly 6 hours ago. I'm salivating, bad...I want MORE!!
I had a raw burger a few weeks ago at Rawthentic Eatery and was super inspired to make my own. The patties, cashew mayo, & marinated "teriyaki grilled" peppers & onions were all brewed in this creative little mind of mine. I did, however, let myself be inspired by Ani Phyo when it came to the mustard & ketchup, because I had no clue what to do. I was still creative enough to modify her recipes, though :)
I dehydrated the peppers & onions, to make them have a "grilled" taste & texture. Then, I marinated them in my raw "teriyaki" sauce overnight. Soooooooooo yummy!
I wrapped everything up in a collard green, & chowed down. LML <3
By the way...I know the recipes look overwhelming at first, but I promise you: minus dehydration/marinating time, you will spend less than an hour in the kitchen (including clean-up). Oh, and it's way worth it for the health benefits & taste ;) Do cow burgers promise that?

For tomorrow's lunch, which needs to be prepared in advance: I didn't want to have to worry about my collard wrap going soggy, soooo...BURGER SALAD was born!! ohh emm geeee, I am waaaaay stoked about my lunch tomorrow! Everyone is always super jealous of my lunches :) I think you should do the same to your co-workers ;) Show off your sexy raw food! Chow down, foodies!

From my kitchen, to yours:

Raw Hemp Seed Burgers:
1 1/4 cups celery, chopped
1/4 of a large onion
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup flaxseeds, ground
3tbs fresh thyme
1tbs fresh basil
1/2 cup water, or as needed
sea salt & black pepper to taste

Directions for Hemp Seed Burgers:
1) Process all ingredients in a food processor, only adding water as needed to smooth out consistency.
2) Using your hands (play time, kiddies!!), scoop out & form patties. Place on dehydrator sheet.
3) Dehydrate at 104 degrees, for 5-6 hours. Turn over with a spatula & dehydrate for another hour or so.
4) Store in the fridge, covered. If desired, warm slightly in the dehydrator before serving.

"Teriyaki Grilled" Onions & Peppers:
1 large onion, sliced & ringed
1 large pepper, sliced (any colour)
1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Soy Seasoning
1tbs agave nectar

Directions for "Teriyaki Grilled" Onions & Peppers:
1) Dehydrate slices at 104 degrees for 4-6 hours, or until they reach desired texture.
2) For the "teriyaki," whisk together Bragg's & agave in a bowl.
3) Place onions in one small, sealed container or jar; do the same for the peppers.
4) Pour half the "teriyaki" over the onions, & the other half over the peppers. Shake the jars well, & let marinate overnight.
5) In the morning, "teriyaki" sauce can be drained, & veggies can be stored in the fridge.

Cashew Mayo:
1 cup cashews, soaked
1/2 cup water
juice from half a lemon (about 1tbs)
1/2 tbs agave nectar
1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
1tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
sea salt, to taste

Directions for Cashew Mayo:
1) Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Store in a jar or squeezable container in fridge.

Raw Ketchup:
1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
3 large Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup Vega EFA Oil Blend
1tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked

Directions for Raw Ketchup:
1) Blend all ingredients except sundried tomatoes until smooth.
2) Add sundried tomatoes & blend until thick. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.

Hot Mustard Sauce:
1 tbs agave
4 tbs dry mustard
2 tbs water
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
1-2tsp Bragg's
2tbs Vega EFA Oil Blend

Directions for Hot Mustard Sauce:
1) Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.

ASSEMBLY!!
1) On one side of a collard leaf, place marinated onions & peppers. Top with sunburger patty, sliced tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, & mayo.
2) Fold leaf over. Devour the best burger ever.

Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment