Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Garlic & Ginger Quinoa Salad

I'm sorry posting is still sporadic & unpredictable, foodies. I'm still hoping & waiting *sigh* patiently for our internet provider to sort their issues out...not naming names :)
As I've mentioned before, I do respite care a few evenings a week, & I'm usually the one to prepare dinner for the family. (No complaints here; I could spend all day in a kitchen!)
Lately, the family I work for & I have all been in love with this combo of quinoa, ginger, garlic, & sea salt! It is so so so sooooooo amazing!! Whether it's in a salad, stirfry, or on its own, this is a mouth-watering combo that is sure to have you reaching for seconds ;)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups quinoa, dry
3 cups water
1 tbs olive oil
sea salt, to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbs fresh ginger, grated
3 large carrots, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 tbs red onion, diced
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
2-3 handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
1 pint cherry tomatoes, for topping
Bragg's soy seasoning, for topping

Directions:
1) Bring quinoa & water to a low boil. Reduce to minimum, cover, & let simmer for about 20mins, or until water is absorbed.
2) Meanwhile, toss all chopped veggies together in a bowl.
3) When quinoa is cooked, add olive oil, sea salt, ginger, garlic & Bragg's. Stir to mix well.
4) Arrange a large serving of salad on a plate. Top with one scoop of quinoa, some sprouts, & cherry tomatoes.
5) Breathe, smile, eat :)

Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment