Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Rawkin' Spinach & Mushroom PIZZA w/ Jalapeno 'Cheddar' Sauce!!! :D

Oh, foodies, you are all so beautifully patient :)
I couldn’t leave you guys hanging any longer!! *Siiiigh* Unfortunately, I still do not have my internet up, but through a process of word documents/ transferring photos from my external hard drive to my laptop, & driving 40mins to use internet, I am finally delivering this delicious recipe!!


This is everything you could imagine it to be, & more (promise!). It seems like a lot of work, but it actually wasn’t. I threw ingredients for the crust into my food processor, spread it on the dehydrator tray, & left it for a few hours. During that time, I made the sauces, which took 15mins, clean-up included.
This was, again, not from a book; I made this on a whim. People keep asking me how I do it, & the truth is, I don’t know. It didn’t take me long to catch onto the art of raw foods; I got a tight grip & just ran with it!
My mom was curious to try my pizza (keep in mind she has a very discriminating palate, & loves meat & dairy). She also works with a lady who loves my recipes, & wanted to bring a slice for her, too. Sooooooo, I devoured my first slice, and, feeling confident in what I had created, sent my mom to work with two slices. Boy, did I ever get amazing reviews! They couldn’t believe how much it resembled the taste of pizza! I got question after question, & promised the recipe would be on my blog. So here it is ;) I promise you, the crust will have you amazed, the marinara sauce will have you drooling, & the jalapeno ‘cheddar’ sauce will make you weak in the knees <3 Much love, foodies!

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Crust:
½ cup almonds
½ cup flax meal
Pinch sea salt
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
2 cups salsa (or chopped tomatoes, if you choose)

Marinara:
½ cup raw ketchup (or tomato paste)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tbs water
½ tsp sea salt
Jalapeno ‘Cheddar’:
½ cup almonds
½ jalapeno (or a whole one, if you like spicy!)
Pinch sea salt
2 tbs Bragg’s Liquid Soy Seasoning
2 tbs lemon juice (juice from ½ a lemon)
3 tbs nutritional yeast
2 tbs water (or as needed)
Toppings:
2 cups spinach
2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
Directions:
1) For the crust, place almonds in the food processor. Chop until finely ground. Add remaining ingredients & process until smooth.
2) Spread ‘crust’ onto your dehydrator tray. Dehydrate @ 104 degrees for about 4 hours, or until crisp. Cut & flip crust, & dehydrate for another hour, or until crisp.
3) For the marinara sauce, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside.
4) For the jalapeno ‘cheddar,’ process almonds, jalapeno, & sea salt in your food processor until finely chopped.
5) Add remaining ‘cheddar’ ingredients, & continue to process until smooth. Set aside.

Assembly:
1) Top crust slices with marinara, spinach, mushrooms, & jalapeno ‘cheddar.’
2) Smile, breathe. Appreciate how hard you worked.
3) Now chow down.

Char xo

P.S. Check out this link that Vega posted about yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment