Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

RAWKIN' Chocolate Coconut Banana Oatmeal

Okay. Yes. You've got me. I'm an obsessive choco-holic, always looking for her next fix. I can't help it!!! More & more lately, I am seeing information about ingredients such as cacao & agave being "raw junk food" ....WELL, if the worst thing I am eating is raw chocolate, I'm not gonna stress about it :) I don't eat meat, dairy, sugar or gluten, & I barely touch soy. So bring on the chocolate!! :D
While I agree our approach to health should be based mostly on fresh fruits, veggies, & green smoothies, mine is. I really don't eat a lot of fat or cacao: maybe 1tbs of cacao daily, & I hardly ever consume agave. What is important, as well as being nutritionally healthy, is keeping a healthy state of mind. If you feel deprived & angry because you miss a certain food, you're not setting yourself up for success. Find balance, find love for yourself. Focus on adding more whole fruits & veggies to your diet, as opposed to thinking about everything you're not having. And if you're feeling bitter & resentful, have a raw cookie, dammit!

From my "junk food" kitchen to yours!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup steel cut oats, soaked overnight & drained
1-2 tbs raw cacao powder
2 tsp cinammon
2-3 tbs coconut mylk
1 ripe banana

Directions:
1) Stir cacao, cinammon, & coconut mylk into steel cut oats.
2) Peel banana. Put on top of chocolate-y oat mess. Get your mash on! ;)

Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment