Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let's Salsa! Get Your Spicy On ;)

Look how beeaauuutiful!! :) I'm in love with colourful food. The longer you let this salsa marinate, the better it will taste. It gives the flavours time to bind with each other, & makes it all the more delicious :) I made this before going to bed, & left it in the fridge for 15 hours before sampling. (Try going to sleep with garlic fingers. Pretty damn near impossible.) My whole fridge smells like garlic now! :) Ahhhhhhh, such a beautiful smell!
Anyhoo, I tried this both with my celery sticks, as well as raw crackers. Both ways were soooooo yummy, but I try to stick more with veggies when I can.
I normally hate cilantro, but I'm finding that when I put it in something (or someone else who knows how to prepare food properly does it), that I'm actually starting to like it. So, it's in a very small amount in this salsa. If you love cilantro, go ahead & add more. If you're like me, be delicate with it ;) Oh, & of course I added the jalapeno for spiciness...I think next time I'll use the whole jalapeno instead of just half. I loooooove spicy!!

From my spicy kitchen to yours <3

Ingredients:
9 tomatoes, diced
1 large yellow pepper, diced
1 large orange pepper, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
3-4 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
sea salt, to taste

Directions:
1) In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until mixed well.
2) Let flavours marinate together overnight in fridge.
3) Serve with celery sticks, raw crackers, and/or guacamole.
4) Om nom nom

Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment