Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Veggie Cheeze & Crackers!!

I have never, ever made crackers before, so this was pretty fun :) A friend of mine found some recipes for crackers & feta cheeze, but they were both baked. I wanted it raw! ;)
She sent me the links, & I used the basic ideas for these crackers & this feta & pate combined, & just made them into my own raw version. I honestly started out making the feta (but with sunflower seeds instead of almonds), & then remembered all of the veggies in my fridge screaming to be consumed. "Okay, okay, I heard you!" So then I used some basic ideas from the veggie pate.
Sooo yeah. I'm sure you're getting a pretty clear idea by now of how my mind works when I'm creating recipes. I start with an idea, & it evolves as I go along. By the way: I like garlic. A lot. If you don't love it, I recommend cutting down the amount I use in any recipe.
These crackers & veggie cheeze dip are sooooooooo yummy!! And wow, the smell in my kitchen as they dehydrated :) *siiiiiiiighhh* I can't remember the last time I ate crackers before today, but I'm definitely enjoying these!

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Cracker Ingredients:
3/4 cup walnuts
1 tsp sea salt
4 cloves garlic
2 tbs fresh basil
2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup flaxmeal
2 roma tomatoes
2 tbs coconut oil

Cracker Directions:
1) Process walnuts, sea salt, & garlic together. Add basil, oregano, & flaxmeal. Continue to process.
2) Lastly, add tomatoes & coconut oil, & process until smooth.
3) Spread batter evenly onto dehydrator tray. Dehydrate crackers at 104 degrees for 12 hours, or until crisp. You may need to turn some of them over & let them dehydrate for another hour.

Veggie Cheeze Dip Ingredients:
1 cup sunflower seeds
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp sea salt
2 tbs fresh basil
2 tsp dried oregano
1 zuchinni
1 cup celery
1 large orange pepper
1/2 large red pepper
3 tbs olive oil
juice from 1 lemon (about 2tbs)
2 tbs Bragg's liquid aminos
1 tbs almond butter

Veggie Cheeze Dip Directions:
1) Process sunflower seeds, sea salt, & garlic; add basil & oregano & continue to process.
2) Slowly add in the zuchinni, celery, & peppers; continue to process.
3) Add olive oil, lemon juice, & bragg's to your food processor; continue to process.
4) Lastly, add the almond butter, & process until smooth.
5) Serve immediately w/ crackers or veggies, or store in the fridge for later.

Btw, you see the green bulbous part next to my finger in the red pepper? EAT IT!! It is seriously the best part of the pepper. Pwease do not composte deliciousness :)

Happy munching :)

Char xo

2 comments:

westcoastsoul said...

Any way to make the crackers without a dehydrator??

Char said...

unfortunately, not if you want them to be raw...it can be done in the oven, though.

OR, if there is A LOT of sun out, & you have A LOT of patience, you may use the sunshine :)

Post a Comment