Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Basil Pear Smoothie

I've made a smoothie with basil in it before, & discovered that I loveloveloved it :) My AeroGarden babies continue to grow, & so I continue to harvest them. I've never had a green thumb, but I love having something grow that I find joy & excitement in. (More info about my babies below.) I don't think it's possible for you to know how much I'd love to have a veggie garden one day. Oh, & I will :)
This smoothie is light & refreshing (aren't they all?). I enjoyed it very muchly :) I know you will, too!

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 scoop Vega
2-4 cups greens (spinach, kale, your choice!)
1/4 cup basil
1 apple
1 pear
juice from 1 lemon (about 2tbs)

Directions:
1) Blend all ingredients until smooth.
2) Drink your way to health & beauty :)

If you've been following my fan page on Facebook, you may have noticed the post I made about my re-potted Herb Babies. They now have names: my thyme is Timothy, my genovese basil is Gillian, & my chives are Chingy. I have high hopes for Chingy, as he had a hard time in the AeroGarden...his brother & sister grew large & wide, so he didn't receive a lot of light. In his new environment, though, I'm sure he'll do just fine <3

Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment