Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Basil!!...in a Smoothie? oh yeah ;)

Completely, 100%, totally successful experiment! :) If you've been following my blog for awhile now, you may remember me mentioning the abundance of basil & thyme I have growing in my AeroGarden. It is soooooo exciting to watch them grow!! (I don't have kids, these are my babies :D). So anyhoo, I had to do something with my basil, as it keeps reaching the grow light & burning itself. Not feeling super inventive enough to create a new veggie dish, I thought I would test it out in a smoothie. The parsley worked, so the basil couldn't hurt, right? Umm, DELICIOUS!! holy wow. It was so amazing in my smoothie! And what continues to surprise me is no matter how many greens I stuff into my smoothies, the fruit taste is always what stands out. Don't give this one a miss; it's a new favourite!

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup basil
1 1/2 cups greens (spinach, kale, your choice!)
1 banana
juice from a lemon (about 2tbs)
1 scoop Vega
1/2 cup berries

Directions:
1) Pretty simple; blend, drink, glow :)

Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment