Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

MY Guacamole ;)

I loooove guacamole! Avocados are one of the earth's most delicious gifts. (Did you know that in Mexico it's called the poor man's butter?) I had some of the "not so pretty" parts of broccoli and celery just chillin' (literally) in the fridge and wanted to use them in a mix. I'm bored of the stuffed pepper idea (and believe me, I have too many peppers again!), so I decided to toss one of my very ripe avocados in there. Suddenly I was like, "heeeey...this is guacamole!" But you might also know by now, too, that I like colour in my dishes. They always need to be pretty. I feel so much more proud when they are as appealing to the eye as they are to the taste buds. So I threw in some carrots to make a mix of orange and green :) Served with one bell pepper and one stalk of celery (both chopped) for dipping, this was a super healthy, yummy meal that took seconds to create!

Ingredients:
1 avocado, pitted
1 large carrot
3/4 cup broccoli
1/4 cup celery
2 tbs onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1tbs lemon juice (from half a lemon)
1 tsp sea salt

Directions:
1) Chop 'em all in your food processor. Serve with veggies for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment