Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Colourful Mashies

My brother's favourite food, hands down, is mashed potatoes. If it came down to it, and that was all that was available to live on, he would be a happy, happy boy. Well, I had some chopped purple potatoes, carrots, and onions in a bag in a fridge that weren't going to forgive me if I left them much longer. I didn't want to do more roasted potatoes, soooooo I decided to boil them. While they were boiling, I got the brilliant (yes, brilliant) idea to mash them all together. I waited until they were tender, drained 'em, and went to work with some flavours tossed in and my handy-dandy immersion blender. My brother was ecstatic. He says I have to make these again. Pretty sure he said, um, best mashed potatoes ever :) Yeah, that's right. So if you know a mashed potato fan, or you are one, get on it. Make these.

Ingredients:
5 purple potatoes, chopped
2-3 large carrots, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2tbs olive oil
sea salt, to taste

Directions:
1) Place first 3 ingredients in pot of boiling water, and cook until tender. Pleeeaaaase don't skin your potatoes. Eat your nutrients, don't composte 'em.
2) Drain water, and return veggies to pot. Add remaining ingredients, and use an immersion blender (or potato masher, though it's not as cool) and puree until your veggies are whippy.
3) Serve immediately :)

No comments:

Post a Comment