Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Carob Cinnamon Banana Smoothie

You may remember me posting about how easily I get comfortable with food, and tend to eat it often, just because it's "easy," rather than trying something new. It was my reason for buying natural Vega, rather than the berry one, to break away from drinking berry smoothies everyday. Well, I made the Chocolate Vanilla Almond Butter Smoothie awhile back, and it's not that I got too comfortable; it was just too friggin' awesome NOT to have everyday!! I also discovered it tasted 100 times better if you make it the night before and put it in the fridge. It makes it super-thick, almost the consistency of pudding. MMMMMM chocolate pudding for breakfast!!!

But, um...back to this smoothie? Just as friggin' awesome :) I made it with carob as opposed to cacao for a nice change, but you can do whatever you want (it is your kitchen). The addition of cinnamon and banana kinda reminds me of oatmeal or something. It was delicately sweet, yet with a hint of rich flavour. lovelovelove!! You must try it :)

You may find it weird that I use 1 1/2 scoops of Vega as opposed to just 1, or using a whole 2. But for some reason, I always feel hungry after 1, and too full after 2. Go figure. If you don't have Vega, subsitute your own protein powder. Remember to keep in mind that flavoured powders will alter the taste. So, um, maybe don't use strawberry? :)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 scoops Vega powder
1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Mylk
1 tbs carob/cocoa/cacao
1 banana
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1) Blend it.
2) Drink it.
3) Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment