Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SUN BURGERS!! :)

YUMMMAAYYY!! Oh man. These sun burgers rawked my socks. I'm not the biggest burger person, so I don't really eat a lot of veggie burgers. But I like the bread I've been making, and I'm tired of eating only sandwiches all the time. Sooo, I used another one of Ani Phyo's recipes. Seriously, if you don't have her uncook books yet, get them!! I have made great use of them already, and I've only had 'em for a month.
I have recipes for raw ketchup, mustard, and mayo, but I also have some natural, organic ketchup & mustard, as well as Vegenaise (yeeeeaaaah, vegan mayo!) that needs to be used first. If you decide to use this recipe and want to use raw versions of the sauces, Google them. If you're patient, though, I will be posting them in the future.

Both the bread and the patties can be warmed in the dehydrator prior to serving. I'm lazy, though, and I don't mind cold food :) Soooooo that didn't happen, obvs. I would also like to note that this is a filling meal that travels very well. No more excuses! Bring your raw lunch to work with you :) Bon Apetit!

Ingredients:
2 stalks celery
1/4 cup yellow onion
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1 tsp sea salt
2 teaspoons oregano (I used dried)
1 cup sunflower seeds, ground
1/2 cup flax seeds, ground
1/2 cup water

Directions:
1) Process all ingredients in your food processor until mixed well.
2) Split mixture into four sections, and form into patties.
3) Place patties on dehydrator tray, and dehydrate for 30mins. Flip and dehydrate another 30mins.

**You may use the patties in a burger "bun" as I did, or you can put on top of salad, or even eat on its' own with a dressing of your choice. I dressed my "bun" with mustard, ketchup, onions, Vegenaise, dehydrated green peppers, mixed greens, and tomatoes. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment