Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

TACO TYME!!

These were delicious!! I made it for my fam (mom & brother) and they loved them! I love when they both really like what I make for dinner. They both like their meat, but they said they couldn't tell the difference in eating these.
I love me some Mexican food (actually just any ethnic foods in general). I prefer Mexican, Asian, and Indian cuisine over North American any day. Wraps, stirfries, sushi, and curry :) mmmmm MM!!
I've mentioned Yves Cuisine in previous posts, but I'll touch on it again. It's a line of vegan "meats" that taste fantastic. I have yet to meet an Yves product that I dislike. It's really useful for those wanting to transition off of a heavy meat diet, or even for people who want to cut back a little bit. Veggie "meats" have about 1/3 of the fat and calories that real meat do, and nobody has to die to be on your plate :) I'd say that's win-win.
Sour Supreme is made by Tofutti brand (you can find it in health stores, or Save-On-Foods). It tastes exactly like sour cream, but again, less fat and calories, and no animals harmed :)
Anyhoo, the work for this was pretty much nil. I chopped veggies and sauteed a couple of them. This is literally a 5 minute dinner that feeds 4 people (and you don't have to saute the veggies, either). So for those days when work has been long, and you just want to get food on the table, this is your meal!!

Ingredients:
1 package Yves Mexican veggie ground round ("beef")
1 can baked beans (in tomato sauce)
1 onion, chopped
1 large red pepper (or 2 smalls), chopped
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
3 roma tomatoes, diced
Sour Supreme, to taste
salsa, to taste
4 whole wheat wraps, for serving
1 tbs coconut oil, for frying

Directions:
1) Over medium heat, saute onion and red pepper in coconut oil until browned. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, mix baked beans and Yves "beef" over medium heat until warmed.
2) Top your tortilla in the order you'd like, using any and all ingredients.
3) Happy Chowing :)

I also need to share this with you, because it's so exciting!! I planted these babies on January 3rd in my AeroGarden, and look how HUGE they are!! The biggest one is basil, and I also have thyme and chives. This was seconds before I harvested the chives and basil. I ate the chives because there wasn't enough to use in anything. Mmmmmm fresh plants :) And the smell of my basil is incredible!! I have about 5 leaves ready for use...I may be making rawzagna... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment