Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Raw Mashed "Potatoes"

This is a yummy recipe that is really fun to play with. I made it twice, using different variations. There is so much more that you could do with it! The first time I made this, it was quite simple. Using cauliflower as the base, I only added olive oil, sea salt, and garlic. (Pssst, by the way, if you don't add a healthy fat to your veggies, you won't absorb their incredible nutrients!) In a food processor for mere seconds, this is a quick, healthy snack when you're hungry, but don't want to feel "weighed down." Eating the same salad every day gets boring, so try adding in recipes like this to keep it fun :)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cauliflower
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsps olive oil
sea salt, to taste

Directions:
1) Food processor it up. Eat!

My next variation on the recipe involved adding diced red peppers & onions. I threw everything in the food processor, except for the red pepper, and chopped until fine. I added the red pepper, and let it chop for only a few seconds, to break it down a little bit. I still wanted chunks of the red pepper, but it also looks super pretty with the colour swirled in :) I like pretty food.
You can add any type of veggies you want: carrots, celery, mushrooms, etc. Just think about how you like to eat regular mashed potatoes, and do your add-ins from there. You can also use the raw mushroom gravy recipe I have posted.

Here's the recipe for my "Red Mashies":

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cauliflower
1-2 tsp olive oil
2 tbs chopped onions
1 clove garlic, minced
sea salt, to taste
1/4 cup diced red pepper

Directions:
1) Finely chop all ingredients (except red pepper) in a food processor.
2) Add red pepper, and chop for a few seconds, leaving chunks remaining.
3) Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment