Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Raw Veggie Pasta Sauce

Isn't it beeeaauutiful?? :) Oh my gosh, I could just eat the picture! So simple, so few ingredients, but it tasted tangy, light, and clean! I love that beautiful taste of freshness. I bought too many peppers again, and I'm really trying to break away from my constant habit of making stuffed peppers to use them up, haha. Until now, I'd never thought to make them into a sauce. Yep, this sauce is made almost entirely of peppers. You can use any colour that tickles your fancy; I used orange & yellow. Hence, the pretty colour atop my zuchinni "pasta noodles." To add more protein to it, you can either process almonds (with maybe a bit of water, salt, and minced garlic), and put the crumbles on top, OR you can crumble up a raw sun burger patty. I chose the latter. I had a couple sun burgers left, and didn't want to eat them all the same way. I'm finding how quickly I get bored when I eat the same things everyday. I used to do that a lot, but not so much anymore.
This is a picture of my pasta with the sun burger crumbles. Yumyumyummy :) It was completely filling, satisfying, and delicious in every possible way. You can slice the zuchinni "pasta" by using a potato peeler, or use one of your fancy-schmancy kitchen gadgets if you have one.
Meals like this are also perfect for celiacs, or for people who have a hard time digesting gluten (ie. me). Even though this is very filling, it's very gently on your tummy :) I hope you love it.




Ingredients:
1 medium zuchinni, sliced into long, spaghetti-like strands
1 small orange pepper
1 small yellow pepper
1/4 avocado
1 tbs lemon juice (from half a lemon)
sea salt to taste

Directions:
1) Arrange "pasta" on a plate and set aside.
2) In a food processor, process all remaining ingredients until smooth.
3) Pour sauce on top of pasta. Top with crumbles of your choice, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment