Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tomato, Potato...Lentils!!

So I don’t have a super fabulous name for this dish yet, but whatevskies. I made it for two reasons:

a) I was craving lentils & potatoes like I normally crave chocolate
b) I had 4 potatoes growing evil eyes. They needed to go to slaughter.

If you’re on a budget, want to eat healthy, & desire satisfying comfort food, this is your dish! (University students, I hear ya!) Last year, I was a full-time student, barely scraping by. It was canned food & anything cheap that I could get my hands on (though obvs still vegan). And right now, I'm kind of in that boat again; with the schools closed (I work for the district), times is hard & purse strings are tight. It can be hard to eat healthy on a budget, but considering this dish consists of only three ingredients, I’m confident you’ll be pretty damn impressed. I found it really tasty & incredibly filling. Food should be kept as simple as possible :)

From my little wallet, to yours <3

Ingredients:
4 potatoes, diced
2 cans of tomato paste
1 can lentils, drained & rinsed
sea salt, to taste

Directions:
1) Boil potatoes in water on a stove until tender. Drain water & return potatoes to pot.
2) Stir in tomato paste, coating potatoes evenly.
3) Stir in the lentils. Taste, season with sea salt if needed.

Peace, love, food <3

Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment