Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Raw Tiramisu

Every so often, I need to look to others for inspiration; Ani Phyo is one of my favourites. With too many bananas becoming pudding in their peels (I don't think that has EVER happened to me), I needed to get in the kitchen faaaaaast. Solution? Tiramisu! The first & only time I had tiramisu was 8 years ago. I kid you not. I remember exactly how it tasted, though. So rich, decadent, & satisfying, it's easy to understand how people get some love-chub off of such a delicious dessert. But I like my waist-line, & I like my desserts, & I refuse to compromise. This recipe is equally as toe-curling as the original, but not quite as ass-plumping. I LOVE IT! :) So, here is Ani Phyo's nutrient-rich tiramisu. Much love, foodies <3

Ingredients:
Base:
1/4 cup cashews
3/4 cup pecans

Ground "Coffee":
1 tbs cashews
3 tbs cacao nibs

"Zabaglione" Filling:
1 cup cashews, soaked
6 ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
1 tbs vanilla extract

Topping:
2 tbs cinammon
2 tbs ground cacao powder

Directions:
1) In a food processor, pulse the base ingredients until a fine powder. Set aside.
2) In a coffee grinder, grind the "coffee" ingredients until a fine powder. Set aside.
3) In your food processor again, combine all filling ingredients. Process until smooth.

Assembly:
(You can do this in 6 wine glasses like I did, or use a big cake pan. Whatevs.)
1) Sprinkle the base ingredients equally into 6 wine glasses.
2) Spoon filling equally into the 6 wine glasses.
3) Sprinkle "coffee" equally into 6 wine glasses.
4) Dust final topping into the wine glasses.
5) Place finished tiramisu in the fridge until chilled & firmed.
6) See if you can wait that long ;)

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I never liked Tiramisu before, but this sounds amazing!! My Ani Phyo book should be here next week and I cannot wait!! :) mmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Yum!! That sounds amazing and I love the presentation in the wine glasses.
-K

Elizabeth said...

WOW, thanks for sharing this. I am writing it down RIGHT now. Hope to be eating it this weekend!!
Peace,
Elizabeth

Post a Comment