Friday, September 3, 2010
Chili Cheese Not Dog Casserole!!
My mom bought a big package of not dogs awhile ago, but wasn't really a fan of them so she handed them off to me. I figured...mix 'em with some rice & beans, a little nooch & some seasonings, & I've got a filling, yummy meal! Oh, guess what? I was right! :D My brother haaaates hot dogs, real or not. But he looooves my casserole :)
big salad. As much as I'm trying to cut back, I definitely need to eat some veggies & fruit everyday. (Gotta keep things "moving," hehe.) If you're feeling like a kid, drizzle some ketchup into your casserole :D Enjoy, foodies!
1 cup brown basmati rice, uncooked
2 1/2 cups water
1 tbs coconut oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 not dogs, chopped (I use Yves Cuisine)
1 tbs Earth Balance butter
1 can tomato sauce, 398ml
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 can kidney beans, drained, 540mls
1) Put rice & water into your rice cooker & allow to cook until fluffy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium heat, fry the garlic & not dogs in coconut oil until golden brown. Remove from heat & set aside.
3) When rice is cooked, stir in the Earth Balance until evenly coated. Add the tomato sauce, Cajun seasoning, & nutritional yeast. Continue stirring until evenly coated.
4) Stir in the not dogs & beans. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
5) Serve to hungry bellies :)
Peace, love, food & budgets <3