Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Double Chocolate Caramel Muffins
From my decadent kitchen to yours <3
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 tsp xantham gum
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tbs shredded coconut, unsweetened
pinch sea salt
3 tbs maple syrup
2 tbs flaxmeal
3 tbs water
3 tbs liquid coconut oil
1 tbs vanilla
1/4 cup almond mylk
2 large ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
1/4 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips (or regular ones, if you're okay with sugar)
1 batch caramel sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Sift together all the dry ingredients; set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the first 3 wet ingredients. Slowly whisk in the coconut oil & vanilla extract.
4) Beat almond mylk & bananas in with the rest of the wet ingredients until smooth.
5) Fold in the wet ingredients with the dry until well-combined. Carefully stir in the chocolate chips.
6) Spread half the muffin batter evenly in your muffin pan. Top each muffin with caramel sauce, & then more chocolate batter.
7) Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before consuming (if you can wait that long!)
8) nom nom nom :)