Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hearty Miso Soup

YUM YUM YUMMY!! :) This is one of my new favourite "fall" foods. As the days get cooler, I've been craving more warm veggies, while still wanting to eat lightly. This has been the perfect "comfort" meal that doesn't stick to my ribs :) I lovelovelove miso soup, but I never eat the tofu bits. I find them mushy, so I decided to leave tofu out of this dish.I decided, instead, that a bunch of veggies would just be totally rad. Feel free to add in whatever you like.
I found a HUGE bag of frozen veggies at Costco for $8.99! It has carrots, broccoli, green beans, water chestnuts, mushrooms, snow peas, peppers...to name a few :P Awesome deal! I'm having fun with this budget <3

From my kitchen to yours :)

Ingredients:
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1 1/2 cups water, approximately
1 tbs brown rice miso
3 tbs dulse, shredded
2 tbs green onion, diced

Directions:
1) In a medium pot over high heat, bring water & veggies to a boil. Once veggies are tender, reduce heat to low.
2) Stir in miso & dulse. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
3) Scoop or pour soup into a bowl. Top with green onions & serve!

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment