Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Green Bars

There is a store where I live that makes these AMAZING green energy bars, & I was determined to figure out how to make them myself. I bought all of the ingredients months ago, but it wasn't until one of my mom's co-workers (who appreciates amazing food) was raving about how good they were & how much she'd like to make them that I decided to figure them out. And guess what? I did it!! I was sooooo excited to be munching my replica, & she was so grateful for the goodies, complete with recipe. These are fudgy, creamy, crunchy treats. You can't possibly understand how good they are until you try one <3 Cheers to beautiful, healthy food :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup almond butter
3 tbs agave syrup
1 tbs spirulina
1 tbs chlorella
2 tsp flax seeds
2 tbs sesame seeds
2 tbs pumpkin seeds
1 1/4 cup mixed berry granola

Directions:
1) Mix together almond butter & agave until smooth. Slowly add in spirulina & chlorella until well combined.
2) Slowly stir in flax seeds, sesame seeds & pumpkin seeds until mixed well.
3) Slowly add in the granola, continuing to stir.
4) Form into balls, squares, rectangles, whatevs.
5) Live green, eat green, be green :)

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment