Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Potato & Eggplant Curry

Aren't veggies beautiful? :) This is some purple kale that my Grandma gave me from her garden, as well as some graffiti eggplant that my Mom picked up for me from Victoria, BC. I had never heard of or seen it before, so I was pretty excited. It's a bit softer & not as 'wet' as regular eggplant.

So little, eh? Love it :) It was quite a bit of prep work getting them all chopped up, but it was so worth it to try something new. And the end result was amazing. It's so much easier to appreciate your food when you have to work for it.

All done! I tossed the kale in because it was pretty tough. I figured it would be better stirfried, & I love adding greens to my food :) lovelovelove this dish!! Enjoy!









From my kitchen to yours <3

Ingredients:
1 tbs coconut oil, for frying
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 golden nugget potatoes (1lb, 5oz), diced
14oz graffiti eggplant, diced
1 bunch purple kale, shredded
2 tsp curry powder
2-3 tbs nutritional yeast
3/4 cp almond mylk
sea salt, to taste

Directions:
1) Boil potatoes on the stovetop until tender. Drain & set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a large wok over medium heat, fry garlic in coconut oil until golden.
3) Add eggplant & allow to cook until lightly browned.
4) Add kale, & cook until softened. Add potatoes.
5) Sprinkle curry powder & nutritional yeast over dish. Stir in almond mylk, stirring until everything is mixed well.
6) Remove from heat. Sprinkle with sea salt, to taste.

peace, love, & curry dishes <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment