Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Chocolate Whoopie Pies & Homemade Sushi
C and S got this Chocolate Peppermint Whoopie Pie Mix from their auntie, so I brought over my almond mylk, egg replacer, & soy butter to keep it vegan. We lucked out: the mix was vegan, so all we had to do was add more vegan ingredients :D Now obviously I'm not saying this is healthy, but come on...it's Christmas!
As gifts for all of them, I brought a bunch of Char Stars with me, both flavours, for them to have (they used to be called Char Bars, which is the reason for the hand & feet shapes). To the left are the Chocolate Almond Creamy Crunch Char Stars.
Char Star, Cinammon Coconut Almond <3
Xocai chocolate, which is supposed to be incredible, & very good for you! S made earrings for me!! Aren't they gorgeous? I'm wearing the really colourful ones right meow :)
Happy Holidays, from our hearts to yours <3
Sweet Sesame Spinach & Tofu
1 tbs coconut oil, for frying
4 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 block firm tofu, pressed & crumbled.
1 tbs sambal oelek
2 bunches spinach, chopped
Bragg's, to taste
water, as needed
2 tbs sesame oil
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1) In a large wok over medium heat, fry the garlic in coconut oil until golden. Add in the tofu & sambal oelek; continue to cook, adding Bragg's as needed.
2) Once tofu is nicely browned, add spinach & just enough water to help steam, about 2 tbs. Cover dish & let simmer until spinach is wilted.
3) Remove from heat & stir in sesame oil & seeds. Serve warm.
3 cups sushi rice
3 cups water
3 tbs rice vinegar
3 tbs agave syrup or sugar
3 tbs sea salt
1) Wash sushi rice, rinsing well.
2) Put rice & water into rice cooker & allow to cook.
3) Once cooked, gently add rice vinegar, agave syrup or sugar, & sea salt. Set aside & allow to cool before using.
**While I could try to explain how to do the rolling, it's much easier to watch a video ;) Add in whatever ingredients you like: my rolls held avocado, mushrooms & cucumber! nom nom nom
peace, love, food & holidays <3