Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

BEST EVER Macaroni & Cheese!

Whooaa...

I literally have no words. I tried the Vegan Mac 'n Cheese from the Oh She Glows blog, and it is incredible! Best part? It's low fat, contains no processed foods...and sneaks in three vegetables!! Yeah, that's right. The only things I changed: I used butternut squash instead of white potato; I used panko breadcrumbs as opposed to buying a loaf of bread to use one slice; and I cut the recipe in half...mostly because I don't trust myself not to eat an entire pound of pasta :D Good thing I trusted my instincts, because I ate the whole half-batch...hehe.
The recipe made enough sauce to coat the pasta, with some leftover as well. So what did I do? Warmed up the leftovers and tossed it with spiralized zucchini and sliced mushies :) Ohhhh yeeeaaahhh <3
...A few days later, I had a craving for more :) This time I tossed the sauce with cauliflower, broccoli, orange pepper, kale, & zucchini. I cooked it all together in my electric wok until tender, about 15 minutes. Soooo addicting :) lovelovelove!

Thank you, Angela!

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment